[Dovecot-news] v1.0.1 released
tss at iki.fi
Fri Jun 15 19:55:32 EEST 2007
Lots of small fixes.
* deliver: If Return-Path doesn't contain user and domain, don't try
to bounce the mail (this is how it was supposed to work earlier too)
* deliver: %variables in mail setting coming from userdb aren't
expanded anymore (again how it should have worked). The expansion
could have caused problems if paths contained any '%' characters.
+ Print Dovecot version number with dovecot -n and -a
+ deliver: Added -e parameter to write rejection error to stderr and
exit with EX_NOPERM instead of sending the rejection by executing
+ dovecot --log-error logs now a warning, an error and a fatal
- Trying to start Dovecot while it's already running doesn't anymore
wipe out login_dir and break the running Dovecot.
- maildir: Fixed "UID larger than next_uid" errors which happened
sometimes when dovecot-uidlist file didn't exist but index files did
(usually because mailbox didn't have any messages when it was
selected for the first time)
- maildir: We violated maildir spec a bit by not having keyword
characters sorted in the filename.
- maildir: If we don't have write access to cur/ directory, treat the
mailbox as read-only. This fixes some internal error problems with
trying to use read-only maildirs.
- maildir: Deleting a symlinked maildir failed with internal error.
- mbox: pop3_uidl_format=%m wasn't working right
- mbox: If non-filesystem quota was enabled, we could have failed
with "Unexpectedly lost From-line" errors while saving new messages
- mysql auth: %c didn't work. Patch by Andrey Panin
- APPEND / SEARCH: If internaldate was outside valid value for time_t,
we returned BAD error for APPEND and SEARCH never matched. With 64bit
systems this shouldn't have happened. With 32bit systems the valid
range is usually for years 1902..2037.
- COPY: We sent "Hang in there.." too early sometimes and checked it
too often (didn't break anything, but was slower than needed).
- deliver: Postfix's sendmail binary wasn't working with mail_debug=yes
- Don't corrupt ssl-parameters.dat files when running multiple Dovecot
- Cache compression caused dovecot.index.cache to be completely deleted
with big endian CPUs if 64bit file offsets were used (default)
- Fixed "(index_mail_parse_header): assertion failed" crash
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20070615/29210c7b/attachment.bin
More information about the Dovecot-news