[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc18 released
tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 22 16:35:53 UTC 2007
I think we're quite near v1.0 now.
* ACL plugin + Maildir: Moved dovecot-acl file from control directory
to maildir. To prevent accidents caused by this change, Dovecot
kills itself if it finds dovecot-acl file from the control directory.
* When opening a maildir, check if tmp/'s atime is over 8h old. If it
is, delete files in it with ctime older than 36h. However if
atime - ctime > 36h, it means that there's nothing to be deleted and
the scanning isn't done. We update atime ourself if filesystem is
mounted with noatime.
* base_dir doesn't need to be group-readable, don't force it.
* mail_read_mmaped setting is deprecated and possibly broken. It's now
removed from dovecot-example.conf, but it still works for now.
* Removed also umask setting from dovecot-example.conf since currently
it doesn't do what it's supposed to.
+ Authentication cache caches now also userdb data.
+ Added mail_log plugin to log various mail operations. Currently it
logs mail copies, deletions, expunges and mailbox deletions.
- dict quota: messages=n parameter actually changed storage limit.
- A lot of fixes to handling index files. This should fix almost all
of the problems ever reported.
- LDAP: auth_bind=yes was more or less broken.
- Saved mails and dovecot-keywords file didn't set the group from
- Fixed potential assert-crash while searching messages
- Fixed some crashes with invalid X-UID headers in mboxes
- If you didn't have a namespace with empty prefix, giving STATUS
command for a non-existing namespace caused the connection to give
"NO Unknown namespace" errors for all the future commands.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20070122/63e06c22/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news