[Dovecot-news] 1.0.beta8 released
tss at iki.fi
Fri May 12 12:34:03 EEST 2006
Next release will probably be called 1.0.rc1. People just don't seem to
like the beta name in the version number. :) Also I think we're nearing
the final v1.0.
* Fixed a security hole with mbox: "1 LIST .. *" command could
list all directories and files under the mbox root directory, so
if your mails were stored in eg. /var/mail/%u/ directory, the
command would list everything under /var/mail.
+ Unless nfs_check=no or mmap_disable=yes, check for the first login
if the user's index directory exists in NFS mount. If so, refuse to
run. This is done only on first login to avoid constant extra
+ If we have plugins set and imap_capability unset, figure out the
IMAP capabilities automatically by running imap binary at startup.
The generated capability list isn't updated until Dovecot is
restarted completely, so if you add or remove IMAP plugins you
should restart. If you have problems related to this, set
imap_capabilities setting manually to work around it.
+ Added auth_username_format setting
- pop3_lock_session setting wasn't really working
- Lots of fixes related to quota handling. It's still not working
- Lots of index handling fixes, especially with mmap_disable=yes
- Maildir: saving mails could have sometimes caused "Append with UID
n, but next_uid = m" errors
- flock() locking never timeouted because ignoring SIGALRM caused the
system call just to be restarted when SIGALRM occurred (probably not
with all OSes though?)
- kqueue: Fixed "Unrecognized event". Patch by Vaclav Haisman
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20060512/a0040be8/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news