[Dovecot-news] 1.0.rc2 released
tss at iki.fi
Tue Jul 4 21:02:08 EEST 2006
Final 1.0 release is looking to get closer. There's nothing left in my
TODO list for it, so please report any old and new bugs you see.
This release also makes upgrades from 0.99 more transparent with
automatic renaming of .subscriptions and .customflags files with
* disable_plaintext_auth=yes: Removed hardcoded 127.* and ::1 IP
checks. Now we just assume that the connection is secure if the
local IP matches the remote IP address.
* SSL code rewrite which hopefully makes it work better than before.
Seems to work correctly, but if you suddently have trouble with SSL
connections this is likely the reason.
+ verbose_ssl=yes: Log also SSL alerts and BIO errors
- If namespace's location field wasn't set, the default location
was supposed to be used but it wasn't.
- When copying ssl-parameters.dat file from /var/lib to /var/run its
permissions went wrong if it couldn't be copied with hard linking.
- Fixed filesystem quota plugin to work with BSDs.
- Maildir: Saving mails didn't work if quota plugin was enabled (again)
- Maildir: Messages' received time wasn't saved properly when
saving/copying multiple messages at a time. Also if using quota
plugin the S= size was only set for the first saved file, and even
that was wrong.
- passdb passwd-file: Don't require valid uid/gid fields if file
isn't also being used as a userdb.
- PostgreSQL: Handle failures better so that there won't be
"invalid fd" errors in logs.
- Don't try to expunge messages if the mailbox is read-only. It'll
just cause our index files to go out of sync with the real
mailbox and cause errors.
- ANONYMOUS authentication mechanism couldn't work because
anonymous_username setting wasn't passed from master process.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot-news/attachments/20060704/f7717a19/attachment.pgp
More information about the Dovecot-news