dovecot-1.2: Released v1.2.rc1.
dovecot at dovecot.org
dovecot at dovecot.org
Fri Apr 3 21:18:02 EEST 2009
user: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
date: Fri Apr 03 13:58:12 2009 -0400
3 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
NEWS | 10 +++++-----
TODO | 29 -----------------------------
configure.in | 2 +-
diffs (102 lines):
diff -r 9c82d97a5431 -r 9b0f83479056 NEWS
--- a/NEWS Fri Apr 03 13:57:13 2009 -0400
+++ b/NEWS Fri Apr 03 13:58:12 2009 -0400
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@ v1.2.UNSTABLE Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi
-v1.2.UNSTABLE Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
+v1.2.rc1 Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
* When creating files or directories to mailboxes, Dovecot now uses
the mailbox directory's permissions and GID for them. Previous
@@ -15,10 +15,10 @@ v1.2.UNSTABLE Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi
+ IMAP: Added support for extensions: CONDSTORE, QRESYNC, ESEARCH,
ESORT, SEARCHRES, WITHIN, ID and CONTEXT=SEARCH.
+ SEARCH supports INTHREAD search key, but the rest of the INTHREAD
- draft isn't implemented yet and isn't advertised.
- + THREAD X-REFERENCES2 algorithm where threads are sorted by their
- latest message instead of the thread root message. There is also no
- base subject merging.
+ draft isn't implemented yet so it's not advertised in capability.
+ + THREAD REFS algorithm where threads are sorted by their latest
+ message instead of the thread root message. There is also no base
+ subject merging.
+ IMAP: Implemented imap-response-codes draft.
+ Thread indexes for optimizing IMAP THREAD command and INTHREAD
diff -r 9c82d97a5431 -r 9b0f83479056 TODO
--- a/TODO Fri Apr 03 13:57:13 2009 -0400
+++ b/TODO Fri Apr 03 13:58:12 2009 -0400
@@ -1,20 +1,7 @@
- - when receiving a signal, log the sender PID and UID
- - lseek(Maildir/dovecot-uidlist) failed: Stale NFS file handle
- - acl vfile does lots of repeating open/stats, why?
- convert plugin: convert_pop3_uidl_format setting? so old %f uidls could be
converted to dbox..
- - global acl: create foo ACL file, create foo/bar -> internal error?
- - namespace shared: prefix = shared/%%d/%%u/: LIST shared/% doesn't work
- proxying: support fallbacking to local (or other?) server if the first
one is down
-fts_solr: select() failed: Interrupted system call
-fts_solr: Indexing failed: (null)
-imap(tss)(pid=12890): Error: dovecot-acl-list creation failed:
-safe_mkstemp(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/user-not-found/test/temp.hurina.12890.87eb6b37b351b733) failed: No such file or directory
- i_panic("Message count decreased") happens - why?
- at least one backtrace shows client_destroy -> client_command_cancel ->
@@ -35,8 +22,6 @@ safe_mkstemp(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/
- read the entire file to memory only once and keep it there, stat() later
to see if it has changed. if not, perhaps don't even bother stat()ing
dovecot-acl files? at least not that often..
- - acl example in wiki with acl_shared_dict = file:/var/mail/%d/dovecot.shared
- - with list=children
- add anonymous environment for anon logins
- fs quota: getquotaroot inbox vs. other-box should return different quotas
if two quotas are defined
@@ -150,10 +135,6 @@ safe_mkstemp(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/
- login_max_processes_count shouldn't count proxying processes
- Allow %variables in mail_chroot setting
- - something should be done to umask setting. we should be creating files with
- 0666 or 0777 and rely on umask, but we shouldn't do that unless we're sure
- that the umask is the wanted one (ie. imap/pop3 process wasn't started
- ssl_verify_client_cert isn't working if the SSL cert doesn't have CRL
@@ -205,12 +186,6 @@ safe_mkstemp(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/
- rename: allow moving between storages, as long as they're of same type
- x search charset asdf all -> should fail
- - should we allow following symlinks in mbox/maildirs? they are now.
- - if we implement shared mailboxes with shared indexes, never do that or
- others could symlink your personal mailboxes and see the indexes
- created for it which may contain envelope etc. data
- - this allows circular mailbox hierarchies which should be prevented by
- eg. allowing max. 20 hierarchies.
- imap-login: Master sent reply with unknown tag 1. client closed
@@ -231,10 +206,6 @@ safe_mkstemp(/usr/local/var/run/dovecot/
- if auth process dies, login process should retry authentication if
possible. or if not, disconnect the client so it doesn't think the auth
- - send client IP immediately after accept() to master process. make sure
- master shows the IP if login dies unexpectedly. master should probably
- also kill the login process if it doesn't kill itself soon enough.. or
- maybe just log the IP immediately.
- v2.0: add auth_plugins setting, put all plugins into the same dir
diff -r 9c82d97a5431 -r 9b0f83479056 configure.in
--- a/configure.in Fri Apr 03 13:57:13 2009 -0400
+++ b/configure.in Fri Apr 03 13:58:12 2009 -0400
@@ -1,5 +1,5 @@ AC_PREREQ([2.59])
-AC_INIT([Dovecot],[1.2.beta4],[dovecot at dovecot.org])
+AC_INIT([Dovecot],[1.2.rc1],[dovecot at dovecot.org])
More information about the dovecot-cvs