Dsync config help

Jean-Luc Wasmer dovecot at jl.wasmer.ca
Wed Aug 31 04:02:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to sync emails between server A and B.
A has replicator, aggregator and doveadm.
B only has doveadm for now.

I'm getting the following error:

Error: sync: /var/run/dovecot/auth-userdb: Configured passdbs don't
support credentials lookups (to see if user is proxied, because
doveadm_port is set)

I'm not sure why I'm getting this error because I authenticate using PAM
and when I run
I do have a "service auth" enabled though... it's used for Postfix SASL
to authenticate SMTP.

I'm running

# dovecot --version
2.2.24 (a82c823)

Cheers,
Jean-Luc

PS: "replication_sync_timeout = 2s" doesn't work, I had to drop the 's'