How to delete "proxy" attribute in passdb lookup?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Nov 29 00:01:35 UTC 2015

On 28 Nov 2015, at 09:26, Peer Heinlein <p.heinlein at heinlein-support.de> wrote:

> Is there any way to override/delete an existing true/false attribute
> like "proxy"?

Not right now, because any value at all is treated as "true" (and I'm pretty sure even empty value). I suppose the best solution would be to finally change all the passdb/userdb/plugin boolean values to actually support "no" value as not being enabled. It's something that we're thinking about for Dovecot v2.3.

It would probably also be useful to add support for removing a field entirely, such as returning "-proxy" (where the =value would be ignored). I'm not entirely sure how useful that would be though.