Master user and invalid credentials dovecot-2.2.13

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Sep 29 08:19:37 UTC 2014

Am 29.09.2014 um 10:08 schrieb Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator:
> Hi,
>
> I followed the docs from the dovecot wiki
> (http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers) and still have
> some problem:
>
> 1. uncommented "!include auth-ldap.conf.ext" in 10-auth.conf
> 2. htpasswd -b -c -s .... to create user/password for a masteruseruser
> 3. checked auth-master.conf.ext
>
> When I try to test the login, I always get an "invalid credentials" in
> the logs with auth_debug=yes set.
>
> dovecot can read /etc/dovecot/master-users
>
> The users are in ldap.
>
> The example wiki shows the passwords {SHA1}...., in my password file
> they are {SHA}....
>
> The "master user" posting in september gave some clues what might be
> wrong, but did not help to solve my problem.
>

> 	Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks and regards. Götz

hm perhaps this helps

https://sys4.de/de/blog/2013/02/11/master-user-dovecot-isp-layout-mit-postfixadmin/

but looks like some password problem what do you use plain/login etc ?

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/Mechanisms
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/PasswordSchemes

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer