Dovecot Sieve and Postfix header_checks Issue

Klaipedaville on Google klaipedaville at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:10:55 UTC 2014

>Not true.  Postfix regexp (and pcre) matches are case insensitive by default, adding the /i flag makes them case sensitive.  This should be quite clear in the postfix docs quoted above.  This documented
>default behavior may be different from other software you're familiar with.
>
>You're welcome to discuss postfix header checks further on the postfix-users list.
>
>  -- Noel Jones

I am not here to argue on details. It's just getting side tracked. I meant in general. A couple of 100 tests that I ran trying to solve this issue included both case sensitive and case insensitive and all the other possible and impossible options I could think of. Perhaps I missed that little detail, but postfix-user list members and Postfix creator Mr. Wetsie Venema in person said that the regexp were correct. I have discussed it there before as well.