usenet/imap

Marc Haber mh+dovecot at zugschlus.de
Fri Sep 12 10:48:32 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 09:21:16PM +1000, Edwardo Garcia wrote:
> Has anyones had experiences with feeding usenet  into imap folders, we
> like to have some group for all user, any problem with message limit?
> We only want the text newsgroups?

I won't do that. While Usenet and e-mail _do_ look reasonably
similiar, they aren't. In 20 years of usenet, I have not seen a single
gateway between e-mail and Usenet that worked acceptably. Challenges
like the per-user "read" status, unique message-IDs and crosspostings
are excruciatingly hard to solve.

Running INN is much easier.

Greetings
Marc