[Dovecot] RFE: please add Return-Path: to sieve sent mail headers

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue May 13 19:02:31 UTC 2014

On 5/13/2014 7:58 PM, Maciej Uhlig wrote:
> May I ask to add Return-Path: some meaningful header line to sieve sent
> mail headers in vacation message? Now the header line isn't generated at
> all and the effect is as follows:
>
> on receiving MTA:
>
> 2014-05-09T15:04:32+02:00 host/ip postfix/qmgr[2408]: 41F2F6024E:
> from=<>, size=900, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
>
> in received mail body:

> Would be nice to get:

> Copy of From: header line could be sufficient.

Use of NULL envelope sender is generally recommended to prevent mail loops:

Keep in mind that the From: header is set to something useful
(http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5230#section-5.4). That is what the
recipient will normally see.

If you know what you are doing (think twice about that!), you can
override this behavior using the sieve_vacation_send_from_recipient
setting (if your Pigeonhole is recent enough):

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Extensions/Vacation#Configuration

Regards,

Stephan.