[Dovecot] v2.2.8 released

The Doctor doctor at doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
Thu Nov 21 22:31:14 EET 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 06:00:12PM +0000, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 11/21/2013 01:28 AM The Doctor wrote:
> >>
> >> Please would you provide more details (error message)? Which OS, what
> >> version?
> >>

> > BSD/OS 4.3.1
> >
> > Error 139
>
> If your server has an Intel CPU, I'd say that's a segmentation fault.
> The install* targets in dovecot-2.2.x/doc/man/Makefile are using mkdir
> install. So I guess your mkdir or install binary is making some trouble.

Consider the directory does exist I concur.

man mkdir gives

MKDIR(1)                     BSD Reference Manual                     MKDIR(1)

NAME
     mkdir - make directories

SYNOPSIS
     mkdir [-p] [-m mode] directory_name ...

DESCRIPTION
     Mkdir creates the directories named as operands, in the order specified,
     using mode a=rwx (0777) as modified by the current file mode creation
     mask (umask(2)).

     The options are as follows:

     -m      Set the mode bits of the final created directory to the specified
             mode. The file mode creation mask applies to the mode.  The mode
             argument can be in any of the formats specified to the chmod(1)
             command.  If a symbolic mode is specified, the operation charac-
             ters ``+'' and ``-'' are interpreted relative to an initial mode
             of ``a=rwx''.

     -p      Create intermediate directories as required.  If this option is
             not specified, the full path prefix of each operand must already
             exist.  Intermediate directories are created with permission bits
             of a=rwx (0777) as modified by the current file mode creation
             mask, plus write and search permission for the owner.

     The user must have write permission in the parent directory.

     Mkdir exits 0 if successful, and >0 if an error occurred.

SEE ALSO
     rmdir(1),  umask(1)

STANDARDS
     The mkdir utility is expected to be IEEE Std1003.2 (``POSIX'') compati-
     ble.

BUGS
     You can't set the sticky, setuid or setgid bits on a directory using
     mkdir. This behavior may change in future releases.

BSDI BSD/OS                    December 3, 1996                              1

--
Member - Liberal International	This is doctor at nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor at nl2k.ab.ca
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k  Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism