[Dovecot] . (dot) in maildir folder names

Darren Pilgrim list_dovecot at bluerosetech.com
Fri May 24 05:58:50 EEST 2013

On 2013-05-23 18:41, Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> Uhm... yeah as the topic implies I want to have . (dots) in my folder
> names...
> Unfortunately dovecot's maildirmake hasn't a -f switch as the one from
> courier/maildrop, but that one in turn is buggy[0] and doesn't encode
> any characters at all.

Does adding LAYOUT=fs to mail_location, which makes Dovecot use a dir
hierarchy instead of dot-prefixing, make this possible?

P.S., You don't need to use a maildirmake script with Dovecot--it will
automatically create the Maildir on the first mail delivery (assuming
you're using the deliver agent).

--
Please reply on list.