[Dovecot] dovecot stats

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 6 17:37:58 EEST 2013

On 29.4.2013, at 15.30, Jan-Frode Myklebust <janfrode at tanso.net> wrote:

> I just upgraded one of our servers to dovecot v2.1.16 (ee), and am looking
> into the stats feature. Am I interpreting the wiki correct in reading that
> the "doveadm stats dump command" only returns statistics about IMAP
> commands?

Right.

> Is it possible to collect info about POP3 and LMTP commands also ?

No. I think they would be pretty boring statistics, since with POP3 pretty much everything causing disk I/O or CPU usage would be RETRs and with LMTP everything would be DATAs.

> Also, is "doveadm stats dump command" telling me the results of all
> commands that has finished the last stats_command_min_time, or will it
> maybe contain much more than 1 minute of activity ?

It can contain much more. The stats process will keep as much data in memory as possible until it reaches the stats_memory_limit. The doveadm stats dump lists everything that the stats process knows.