[Dovecot] dsyncing lazy_expunge namespace

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Mon May 6 15:12:14 EEST 2013

Hello,

	I'm in the process of migrating mailbox from one dovecot server running
dovecot 2.1.9 with mailboxes stored in maildir format to a newer one
running 2.1.16 with mailboxes stored in mdbox format.

	To migrate mailboxes I'm using dsync as explained at
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Tools/Dsync. The command I'm running in the
newer server is:

sudo dsync -o mailbox_list_index=no mirror -R -u <user> imapc:

	The mailbox of the user is correctly synced to the newer server, except
the lazy_expunge namespace, which is not synced at all.

	The config in my old server is:

namespace {
#  hidden = yes
#  list = no
   # Temporally, only for migration
   hidden = no
   list = yes
   location = maildir:~/Maildir/expunged
   prefix = BORRADOS.
   separator = .
}

	and in the newer one is:

namespace {
   hidden = yes
   list = no
   location = mdbox:%h/expunged:INDEX=/mail/indexes/%2Ln/%Ln/expunged
   prefix = BORRADOS/
   separator = /
}

	With a tcpdump I have checked that old servers list the namefolder,
this is the IMAP dialog for an example user:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE AUTH=PLAIN] Dovecot ready.
2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN YW5nZWwubHVpcwBtYXN0ZXIAVkFzR293ZW0=
2 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS
THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT MULTIAPPEND UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS
LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES
WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS SPECIAL-USE QUOTA ACL RIGHTS=texk]
Logged in
1 LIST "" ""
* LIST (\Noselect) "." ""
1 OK List completed.
3 LIST "" "*"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "SPAM"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Trash"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Drafts"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "INBOX"
* LIST (\Noselect \HasNoChildren) "." "BORRADOS"
3 OK List completed.
4 STATUS "SPAM" (UIDNEXT UIDVALIDITY)
* STATUS "SPAM" (UIDNEXT 3 UIDVALIDITY 1316372649)
4 OK Status completed.
5 EXAMINE "SPAM"
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)

	But "BORRADOS" is never selected in the rest of the dialog.

	Any idea?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática