[Dovecot] .dovecot.sieve/tmp)failed: Not a directory

Thu Apr 25 20:52:29 EEST 2013

On 2013-04-25 9:20 AM, JC Putter <jancarel.putter at gmail.com> wrote:
> stat(/var/spool/vmail/example.com/user/.dovecot.sieve/tmp)failed: Not
> a directory
>
> auth_mechanisms = plain login

Looks like an ancient version, since the version info is not included
with doveconf -n output?

> According to the Wiki

Always provide a link too... is this the wiki for version 1 (wiki1.) or
2 (wiki2.)?

> "It is not wise to place this link inside your mail store, as it may be
> mistaken for a mail folder. Inside a maildir for instance, the default
> .dovecot.sieve would show up as phantom folder */dovecot/sieve* in your
> IMAP tree."
>
> Sorry i am a bit of a noob, the docs don't explain clearly what to do...

You need to create and set a 'home' directory for each user for this
kind of things (even if they are virtual users, they need a 'home' dir)...

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/MailLocation

Scroll down to where it discusses 'Homeless users'...

If you are still on version 1, the first thing you need to do is upgrade
to at least the latest 2.1, but I'd recommend just upgrading to the
latest 2.2 (currently 2.2.1)...

--

Best regards,

Charles