[Dovecot] Modifying mailbox GUIDs?

Faheem Patel fuf at phuph.org
Thu Nov 1 05:13:37 EET 2012

I see that the GUID is actually in readable text on the first line
in "dovecot-uidlist". Is it really as simple as modifying the string
here?

 - Faheem

On Wed, 31 Oct 2012 22:42:59 -0400, Faheem Patel
wrote:

> Greetings all,
>
> I can view a mailbox's GUID like so:
doveadm mailbox status -u guid

> However, how may I *modify* a
mailbox GUID? Can this be done using doveadm or some other tool?

If not, how may I go about modifying the dovecot.mailbox.log (where I
assume GUID data is stored)?

> My specific use case has to do with
me wanting to modify an existing mailbox's GUID so that its messages are
mirrored into a folder of the same name using "dsync mirror". (As we
know, dsync utilizes GUIDs to determine mailbox uniqueness)

Thanks!