[Dovecot] dovecot, sieve and vacation

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Tue Mar 20 16:16:21 EET 2012

Op 3/20/2012 12:05 PM, Cedric Jeanneret schreef:
> Hi there !
>
> Have a small problem with sieve and vacation: it seems to descard the vacation filter I created instead of sending back an email:
>
> Mar 20 11:56:28 hostname dovecot: deliver(virtual_user): sieve: msgid=unspecified: discarding vacation response for message implicitly delivered to<virtual_user at hostname>

The vacation action will not send a response when the envelope-to
address (in your case virtual_user at hostname) is not contained in the To:
or Cc: headers of the message itself; the message needs to be explicitly
addressed to the recipient. For the version you are using this needs to
match the final recipient as passed to Dovecot. In newer versions of the
Pigeonhole Sieve implementation the original SMTP envelope recipient
(i.e. before local rewrites) can also be used instead. Alternatively,
new versions allow disabling this behavior entirely, although this is
not recommended.

Regards,

Stephan.