[Dovecot] Single instance storage

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Mar 10 18:11:55 EET 2012

On 8.3.2012, at 3.30, Jean-Daniel Beaubien wrote:

> I have read most of the doc on the dovecot website, and couldn't find any
> info on the single instance storage feature, so I'm posting my questions
> here.
>
> - Are these 3 parameters the only one necessary for single instance
> storage? I cannot find any doc on this feature on the website; is there
> anything specific I need to know about them? (the last one isn't exactly
> self-explanatory).
> - mail_attachment_dir = /srv/vmail/attachments
> - mail_attachment_hash = %{sha256}
> - mail_cache_min_mail_count = 2
>
> - Is this feature ready for production?

mail_cache_min_mail_count isn't related to single instance storage at all. I didn't really even remember that such a setting existed. I'm not sure if it's actually useful in any setups..

Maybe you were thinking about mail_attachment_min_size?

Other than that, yeah, the mail_attachment_dir is really the only thing you need to set to enable SIS.