[Dovecot] sieve and utf-7 foldernames

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Sat Mar 10 02:13:43 EET 2012

On 03/09/2012 10:40 PM Andreas Schulze wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> since many dovecot/pigeonhole versions I have an error:
> Mails are delivered into wrong folders if the foldername contain a german umlaut. ( ä, ö, ü )

Behaves as documented - since Dovecot 1.2.0:

Wiki > Upgrading > v1.1 to v1.2 > Sieve:
	* You should consider migrating from CMU Sieve to Dovecot Sieve
	  (see the link for instructions)

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot#Migration_from_CMUSieve:

* Be sure to use UTF8 for the mailbox argument of the fileinto command.
  Older CMUSieve installations used modified UTF7 (as IMAP does) for
  the mailbox parameter. If not adjusted, the new Sieve plugin will use
  the wrong folder name for storing the message.

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: cafefeed.1207001 at localdomain.org