[Dovecot] MySQL server has gone away

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Sat Jan 21 03:34:41 EET 2012

On 1/20/2012 9:17 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Works for me. Are you maybe sending it to wrong auth process (auth worker instead of master)?

I had tried sending it to both; but the underlying problem turned out to
be that the updated config hadn't actually been deployed yet 8-/ oops.
Once I fixed that, sending the signal did generate the log output.
Evidently nothing is printed out in the case where the authentication
caching isn't enabled; maybe you should make it print out something like
"Hey idiot, caching isn't turned on" ;).

Thanks...

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  henson at csupomona.edu
California State Polytechnic University  |  Pomona CA 91768