[Dovecot] index synchronization during local delivery

Andy YB Hu ybhu at hk1.ibm.com
Thu Feb 16 08:25:09 EET 2012

Sounds a little tricky.  For backend server, director makes sense. But for
LDA, it's also suggested to deploy the LDA on the same machine with backend
server? Topologically, it's very possible the machine where LDA is running
is separated from one of backend server.   I will run the similar tests
with pure dovecot LDA, instead of ours to see the result.

             Timo Sirainen
             <tss at iki.fi>
             dovecot-bounces at d         Dovecot Mailing List
             ovecot.org                <dovecot at dovecot.org>
                                                                        cc

             02/16/2012 12:54                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Dovecot] index synchronization
                                       during local delivery

             Please respond to
              Dovecot Mailing
                   List
             <dovecot at dovecot.
                   org>

On 16.2.2012, at 5.59, Andy YB Hu wrote:

> Tried it, found it could trigger NFS issue.
..
> Whether it means the dovecot LDA also needs to run on the same server
with
> the backend server?

Yes, the only 100% safe way is to do all simultaneous mailbox access via
the same backend server.