[Dovecot] inbox issue

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Mon Oct 10 22:14:31 EEST 2011

Quoting Eric Broch <ebroch at whitehorsetc.com>:

> I have dovecot 2.0.11 installed on a CentOS 5.7 email server. Two of the
> server email clients, one using Outlook and the other Thunderbird, have
> had all the contents of their inbox disappear only to reappear at a
> later time. One client's inbox email reappeared upon receiving a test
> email (to check if it would show up in the inbox) from another user. Has
> anyone heard of such a thing?

After a recent upgrade - I've had an issue with an older version of
Horde not displaying the INBOX.  I've gotten it to restore by removing
custom Sorting options.  I upgraded Dovecot, the backend server, and
PHP all relatively recently, but having only seen it with my older
Horde install I figured it was a PHP issue.

Just for giggles you could ask those users to use a different Sort method..

Rick