[Dovecot] Problem with ldap / quotas

Nikolaos Milas nmilas at noa.gr
Wed Feb 23 10:01:32 EET 2011

Thank you Timo,

I understand now.

I am checking the documentation at: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA which
states to define ( in socket listen { master { ):

    path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master

Obviously auth-master is a socket and created on the fly (?)

For this to work properly, we must have *already* correctly configured
Postfix (according: http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Postfix for virtual
users)?? I am asking because I remember that, in the past, when I was
initially setting up Dovecot, I got errors when I configured a master {
} socket (according to directions I found in a Dovecot setup guide), so
I disabled it (commented it out) and left only the client part (for
Postfix SMTP AUTH).

Also, the line:

    deliver -f $FROM_ENVELOPE -d $DEST_USERNAME

should be put in the main ("root") part of dovecot.conf ?

Thanks,
Nick