[Dovecot] Logout fails after copy to non existing folder (mutt)

Micha Krause micha at krausam.de
Thu Feb 17 14:46:15 EET 2011

Hi,

I have a Problem with mutt, and copying mails to a new folder.
If I copy to a non existing folder, and try to logout, dovecot doesnt
accept the logout.
I was able to reproduce the problem with the following imap session:

C: 1 login user pass
S: 1 OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE SORT SORT=DISPLAY THREAD=REFERENCES THREAD=REFS MULTIAPPEND
UNSELECT CHILDREN NAMESPACE UIDPLUS LIST-EXTENDED I18NLEVEL=1 CONDSTORE
QRESYNC ESEARCH ESORT SEARCHRES WITHIN CONTEXT=SEARCH LIST-STATUS ACL
RIGHTS=texk] Logged in

C: 2 select INBOX
S: 2 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.

C: 3 UID COPY 82806 "INBOX.test"
S: 3 NO [TRYCREATE] Mailbox doesn't exist: INBOX.test

C: 4 LOGOUT
S: <nothing>

Micha Krause