[Dovecot] OT: sieve in sql or reporting

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Dec 24 13:30:00 EET 2011

On 12/24/2011 11:53 AM, Jerry wrote:
> I know this isn't strictly part of this topic; however, I was wondering
> if sieve had acquired the ability to "forward as attachment" a received
> email? I know it did not have that ability previously. It is something
> that I could really use.

  In the standard Sieve language this is still not possible. It is
possible to "enclose" an e-mail, but it is explicitly not allowed to
redirect something like that; it can only be stored. I still don't know
why. Also, the enclose extension is not implemented for Pigeonhole so far.

If you need it for a very specific task, you can try the sieve_pipe
plugin for Dovecot v2.0:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Pigeonhole/Sieve/Plugins/Pipe

You can then write your own script that does the forward-as-attachment
action. As I indicated earlier, I'm working on a more intricate plugin
for Dovecot v2.1.

Regards,

Stephan