[Dovecot] Prevent dovecot.sieve.log logs

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 26 00:04:03 EEST 2010

On 25.10.2010, at 21.02, Stephan Bosch wrote:

>> When an account overquota happens, a log is generated:
>> /var/lib/imap/sieve/username/dovecot.sieve.log
>>
>> Is there a way to prevent this?
>
> Currently, no. This feature has existed since the early stages of the cmusieve plugin. To my knowledge, you are the first to request this. What's your problem exactly?

I think the overquota situation should work the same way with Sieve as without Sieve: It logs one line to info log, something like:

deliver(tss): Info: msgid=<foo at bar>: save failed to INBOX: Out of quota

(I guess it already does this in addition to writing the same info to dovecot.sieve.log?)

Or I guess it becomes more problematic with multiple actions. Hmm. What does it log now if  you fileinto to two mailboxes and also forward the mail? Maybe each of those actions should do mail_deliver_log(), resulting in:

deliver(tss): Info: msgid=<foo at bar>: saved mail to INBOX
deliver(tss): Info: msgid=<foo at bar>: saved mail to backup
deliver(tss): Info: msgid=<foo at bar>: forwarded mail to <blah at example.com>