[Dovecot] Problems converting to maildir with dsync in 2.0.6

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 25 18:14:13 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-10-21 at 20:30 -0500, Nicholas Riley wrote:

> If I use LAYOUT=fs (as I'd prefer) I get an error because I have a
> mailbox called "subscriptions", and none of my messages convert.  Is
> there a way to get dovecot to put its own metadata in dotfiles instead?
> (I guess I can rename my mailbox too :-)

Besides the :SUBSCRIPTIONS=, you could also have put all mailboxes under
another directory, like with ":MAILBOXDIR=mailboxes" the subscriptions
mailbox would be in "mailboxes/subscriptions".

> % dsync mirror mbox:~/Mail
> dsync(nriley): Error: read() failed with subscription file
> /home/nriley/Maildir/subscriptions: Is a directory
> dsync(nriley): Error: Can't update subscription +/INBOX: Internal error
> occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2010-10-21 20:17:55]
> [...]
>
> Also, what "server log" is it referring to above?

Well, it means the error message just above it. Maybe this error message
could be changed when running standalone programs..

Fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/c8eb81e1b5d6