[Dovecot] minimize mbox mdbox fragmentation

Thu Oct 21 18:23:04 EEST 2010

On 2010-10-21 10:40 AM, William Blunn wrote:
> On 21/10/2010 14:25, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> Reiserfs is not 'kaput', it is still being maintained in the linux
>> kernel (both v3 and work is ongoing for v4), and will be for the
>> foreseeable future.
>
> For the benefit of anyone reading this and wondering "Well is it kaput
> or not?": Charles and I are both right.
>
> I said that *Namesys* was kaput. Namesys was the company which developed
> ReiserFS.
>
> Charles stated correctly (but perhaps confusingly when done as a reply
> to my comment) that *ReiserFS* is not kaput.
>
> We were talking about two different things.
>
> The company is dead, but the software (being open source) lives on.

That was my point... the way it was worded your comment could be
interpreted as the same as reiserfs being kaput. I merely pointed out
that the original programmers company/website of an open-source project
whose code is and has been included in the mainline kernel for a very
long time being kaput is far far from the same as the filesystem itself
being kaput - which was the last part of your comment.

--

Best regards,

Charles