[Dovecot] gssapi problems (postfix sasl through dovecot, dovecot imap working fine)

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:56:06 EEST 2010

 On 10/19/2010 06:16 AM, Trever L. Adams wrote:

> Samba4 doesn't automatically set the userPrincipalName to
> imap/f.q.d.n at REALM or smtp/f.q.d.n at REALM when setting up an SPN. This
> was the problem. For some reason it works fine for imap but not smtp.
>
> I have reported this as a possible bug to Samba4. I am documenting it
> here in case someone else has problems.
>
> Trever
Unfortunately this only fixes Linux. It seems that Windows is sending
larger Kerberos tickets than Linux.

I do not know if this is a postfix, dovecot or thunderbird bug. The fact
it works in imap makes me think it is not dovecot, but I am still trying
to figure things out. For the time being, those wishing to follow this
in the other software, I just sent a message to postfix mailing list
with the subject: smtpd_chat_query, dovecot sasl, AD, Samba4.

Thanks,
Trever
--
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of
fools. Let's start with typewriters." -- Solomon Short