[Dovecot] changed separator/sharing of subfolders (Re: problem with subscriptions=no and changed separator ?)

Lutz Preßler Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE
Tue Oct 19 01:29:24 EEST 2010

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 11:06 +0200, Lutz Preßler wrote:
>
> > another problem with changed separator (2.0.5-0~auto+23 (b8803a1e2dc2)).
> > I tried sharing virtual folders (see next mail), and noticed that sharing of
> > subfolders does not seem to work if the "receiving" user has a changed
Subfolder is important. Mailbox directly within the namespace does work.
> > separator (different separator/prefix settings through userdb_namespace
> > attributes).
(I only partly substituted "lpmail" with "user" in my mail, sorry for that.
I'll use the unchanged "lpmail" username now.)

> The separators are always stored using the physical separator and only
> converted to namespace's virtual separator when needed. So your question
> comes down to "shared mailboxes don't work if I change namespace
> separator to different from the physical separator". But people have
> been doing that for a long time..
Are you sure? (for deeper levels)

> If you set mail_debug=yes, what does it log with separator=. and with
> separator=^?
The main difference is
Debug: acl: Mailbox not in dovecot-acl-list: INBOX^shared^lpmail^test^test2

~lpmail/Maildir/dovecot-acl-list contains
1287438561 test
1287390299 test.test2
1285453373 in2009

But even if I delete ~lpmail/Maildir/dovecot-acl-list, with separator set to ^,
test.test2 is not included in the recreated file (and still not listed).

(Not using global-acls at the moment. But debug output also contains
Debug: acl vfile: file /etc/dovecot/global-acls/INBOX^shared^lpmail^test not found
Shouldn't that be file /etc/dovecot/global-acls/INBOX.shared.lpmail.test as per
wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL ? And strace shows that it rellay tries to open the path
with ^s.)

>Also does it happen to work if you set separator=/?
No, same problem.

Thanks,
  Lutz

--
Lutz Preßler  <Lutz.Pressler at SerNet.DE>    http://www.SerNet.DE/
SerNet Service Network GmbH, Bahnhofsallee 1b, D-37081 Göttingen