[Dovecot] Shared folders, please help.!

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Oct 18 20:43:05 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 16:18 +0200, Johan Hendriks wrote:
> > location = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%%d/%%n:INDEX=/shared/%%n
> >
> I knew i missed something, and i tried a lot of options, but always
> leave that shared behind %%n
> the INDEX=/shared/%%n   where does this point to?

To /shared/user

That's /shared/domain.com/user at domain.com/

That's /shared/user at domain.com/user/

> What is a better value.

%%d/%%n would more sense than either of those, but since these are
indexes only for users who have shared mailboxes to you, %%u alone would
work fine.

Also my guess is that you don't really want /shared, but
INDEX=/usr/local/virtual/%u/%n/shared/%%u

(or really, you should be using home directories to avoid that
whole /usr/local/virtual/%u/%n everywhere)