[Dovecot] Weird glitches with public folders - Dovecot not using per-user INDEX?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 15 20:41:49 EEST 2010

No. I just tried with latest hg version (no related changes since
2.0.5):

namespace {
  type = public
  separator = /
  prefix = pub/
  subscriptions = no
  location = maildir:~/Maildir/pub
}

rm -rf ~/Maildir/pub
mkdir ~/Maildir/pub
touch ~/Maildir/pub/dovecot-shared

Then with IMAP did "a create pub/foo" and the result is:

~/Maildir/pub% ls .foo/
cur/  dovecot-shared  maildirfolder  new/  tmp/

If it doesn't work like this, give similar specifics of what you did.