[Dovecot] Limit access to dovecot by domains?

Jobst Schmalenbach jobst at barrett.com.au
Fri Oct 15 07:09:57 EEST 2010

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 03:31:23PM +0100, Timo Sirainen (tss at iki.fi) wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 18:08 +1100, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
>
> > Maybe I could include a script that would check the reverse DNS record
> > of a connected IP and then I could filter?????
>
> Wonder if tcpwrappers would work? You could use that with Dovecot v2.0.

I have read a few things about this, it looks like its not so good to do it this way,
besides having proper written daemons running from (x)inted is a system overhead.

Jobst

--
The reason you cannot think about eternity is because the intellect which is doing the thinking is an instrument of time and nothing else.