[Dovecot] Director and CRAM-MD5

Martin Spuetz martin at spuetz.net
Wed Oct 13 11:53:00 EEST 2010

Hello,

i have a setup with two director servers pointing to two backends. I
don't care that much for load balancing, my main goal is high availability.

CRAM-MD5 auth is working fine if I connect directly to the backends, but
the director only supports AUTH=PLAIN because of the static passdb.

director config:
> passdb {
>   driver = static
>   args = nopassword=y proxy=y
> }
>
> director_servers = director1 director2
> director_mail_servers = backend1 backend2

backend config:
> passdb {
>   driver = vpopmail
>   args =
> }
>
> userdb {
>   driver = vpopmail
> }

It seems that the director is only working, if I use the static passdb?!

How can I use the director with other passdb drivers than the static one?

Greetings,
Martin