[Dovecot] POP3 Slow

Avinash Mishra webbie_colt at yahoo.co.in
Tue Oct 12 04:33:29 EEST 2010

Hi,

  Thanks to everybody for your contributions to my issue. The hardware usage

  is minimal. I was actually thinking that I have missed something major in the

  strace output, that I had posted and that would be pointed out.

  Beyond that I have looked into every possible angle, and I did run a further network

  analysis of TCP connections ( ftp ), as suggested, and found out that there

  were retransmissions and duplicate acks.

  The problems are extraneous to dovecot, which in my opinion is  the best

  IMAP/POP3 server out there. This issue can be considered closed.
.