[Dovecot] Backup recovery with mdbox

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Fri Oct 8 16:27:20 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 12:08 -0300, Andre Nathan wrote:
> That worked, as long as I run a
>
>   doveadm force-resync -u andre=sneakymustard.com INBOX
>
> after dsync, which is totally fine :)

Hmm actually it doesn't work after a force-resync. The "backup-$date"
mailbox is shown, with all it's sub-mailboxes as intended, but they're
all empty.

I found out, though, that if I run the dsync command twice the messages
appear on the imap client. I get log messages like these on the second
run:

dsync(andre=sneakymustard.com): Info: SPAM: uidnext changed: 31 != 1
dsync(andre=sneakymustard.com): Info: INBOX: uidnext changed: 314 != 1

Is this what makes it work (it fixes the uids or something like that)?
Does the second dsync do something that could cause the message listing
to be fixed (apparently something that a force-resync doesn't do...)?

I have no problem running the command twice, it's just a bit weird...

Thanks,
Andre