[Dovecot] Per User Quotas with LDAP on Dovecot 1.x

Camron W. Fox cwfox at us.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 7 22:12:03 EEST 2010

Alle,

	We're running Dovecot V1.0.7 on RHEL5.5, using maildir. We would like
to user per user quotas with an OpenLDAP (V2.3.43) backend.
	We have setup a default quota in /etc/dovecot.conf:

quota = maildir:storage=10240:ignore=Trash

	And have the following userdb configs in /etc/doveconf.conf:

userdb ldap {
  args = /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
}

	and the following user_attrs defined in /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf

user_attrs =
uidNumber=uid,gidNumber=gid,mailQuotaSize=quota=maildir:ignore=Trash:storage,mail_plugins

	The user's quota setting is:

dn: uid=loadtest,ou=people,dc=subaru,dc=nao,dc=ac,dc=jp
mailQuotaSize: 1024000

	Dovecot-imap appear to recognize the quota from ldap, as the
Thunderbird quota plugin reads the correct info from LDAP if the
mailQuotaSize entry exists, and the default storage=10240 from
doveconf.conf if there is no LDAP attr.

	However, deliver bounces the mails with a quota exceeded message:

deliver(loadtest): Sep 28 10:46:23 Info:
msgid=<20100928204620.B83876402EA at loa.subaru.nao.ac.jp>
: save failed to INBOX: Quota exceeded
deliver(loadtest): Sep 28 10:46:23 Info:
msgid=<20100928204620.B83876402EA at loa.subaru.nao.ac.jp>
: Rejected: Quota exceeded

	Are we misunderstanding the way quotas are supposed to work in 1.x, or
are we just missing something, period? Any help would be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Camron

--
Camron W. Fox