[Dovecot] Visible temp files as Imap Folder in INBOX

Antonio Perez-Aranda aperezaranda at yaco.es
Thu Oct 7 13:53:45 EEST 2010

Hi all,

I'm using dovecot-1.2.15 and NFS as storage of Maildir . When I try
over IMAP and Evolution to move a mail to another Imap Folder, a file
like .nfs000000000159816c0000245 is created and when move operation is
finished, the file is deleted.

Sometimes, this file isn't deleted and then, you can see a new imap
folder called .nfs000000000159816c0000245 when you restart your
Evolution or another Imap Client.

Is this file created by dovecot? maybe, must dovecot delete this file on login?

I think thats is easy fix this with a Post-Login script but I think
that dovecot must delete it