[Dovecot] problem with subscriptions=no and changed separator ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 6 18:20:53 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 17:06 +0200, Lutz Preßler wrote:

> Dovecot 2.0.5+ (Debian "automatic package" 2.0.5-0~auto+5).

I did several fixes to this before 2.0.5..

> I have problems with subscriptions for the shared mailboxes:
> SUBSCRIBE ^shared^user^box leads to entry
>   shared^user^box
> in ~/Maildir/subscriptions file.

That is correct.

> All subscriptions for folders in
> personal namespace use the "layout" separator (".") thought.
> LSUB "" "*"  does not show the just subscribed folder,

Do you see any errors logged? Does LSUB output show anything about
"shared"?

> but it does after I manually change the entry to read
>   shared.user.box

This isn't right. That's a subscription for "shared.user.box" in your
private namespace, not a subscription for a shared mailbox. Although
they currently do show up identically.