[Dovecot] migration 1.2.5 -> 2.0.5 load increased dramatically

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Oct 6 17:21:25 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-10-06 at 16:14 +0200, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> * Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
>
> > Oh, actually that shouldn't be the problem. A bit strange why it would
> > take 0.5 secs there, but when calling via dovecot-lda it shouldn't do
> > this at all. You should be testing with:
> >
> > doveconf -m lda
>
> Should I split my config file in different config file (or does
> dovecot always parse them all)?

I'm not really sure what you mean. It starts from the dovecot.conf and
reads and parses everything that gets included there. For testing you
could just do:

doveconf > dovetest.conf

And then try with:

time doveconf -m lda -c dovetest.conf > /dev/null

And keep removing stuff until it finishes quickly (without giving any
errors).

> time doveconf -m lda
> takes about
>
> real 0m0.231s

That's a long time. It takes 0.02 in my somewhat old machine.