[Dovecot] migration 1.2.5 -> 2.0.5 load increased dramatically

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Wed Oct 6 12:09:40 EEST 2010

During norml operation this morning we're seeing a significantly
increased load on the IMAP server (factor 5, from 5 to 25).

Does dovecot need to rebuild index files or perform other IO intensive
operations after the upgrade?

We're using Maildir

Our monitoring shows increased "system" time. We're runnign fewer
processes, the IO rate ist identical to yesterday, memory usage is
identical.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin