[Dovecot] question on quota configuration on 2.0.5

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Tue Oct 5 16:13:22 EEST 2010

     Hi Timo,

Em 04/10/2010 11:19, Timo Sirainen escreveu:
> On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 16:09 -0300, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:
>> password_query = select endereco as user, password, '/var/spool/mail/%u'
>> as userdb_home, 'maildir:/var/spool/mail/%u' as userdb_mail, 8 as
>> userdb_uid, 12 as userdb_gid, concat('*:storage=', quota) as
>> userdb_quota_rule, 'Trash:storage=100M' as userdb_quota_rule2 from
>> emails where endereco = '%u' and ativa = '1'
> You have only one user? Maybe you should be using passwd-file instead of
> SQL..

     No, i have a lot of users .... users are replaced bu the %u
variable and are stored on my column field named 'endereco'

>> Oct  3 16:08:09 ns2 dovecot: imap(user at domain.com), rip=127.0.0.1,
>> lip=127.0.0.1: Error: quota: Unknown namespace: Trash
>>

>>       about changing 100M to +100M, that's OK, no problem .... but even
>> after changing that, i still keep getting the 'unknown namespace' message.
> What kind of namespace configuration do you have? (dovecot -n)

on 1.2 it was:

namespace:
   type: private
   prefix: INBOX.
   inbox: yes
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes

     on 2.0 with that same configuration, i got the errors i posted before.

>>       question: what's the correct way of doing this configuration on
>> dovecot 2.0 ? The idea of this configuration is to give plus 100M of the
>> user's quota on the Trash folder, thus avoiding problems with out
>> webmail which copies messages to trash before erasing from the actual
>> folder.
> Are you sure it worked in v1.2? I'm rather guessing that v1.2 just
> didn't give an error about it.

     you seem to be completly right .... things wasnt working as
expected on 1.2 altough there were no errors and warnings.

     to get things working on 2.0 as they were working on 1.2, i had to
configure like this:

namespace {
   hidden = no
   inbox = yes
   list = yes
   location =
   prefix = INBOX.
   separator = .
   type = private
}
namespace {
   inbox = no
   location =
   prefix =
   separator = .
}

     and now things are working exactly as i expected and exactly they
worked on 1.2.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues