[Dovecot] Feature request - statistics for the COMPRESS imap protocol

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 2 17:50:56 EEST 2010

On 2.10.2010, at 15.46, Ed W wrote:

> It would also appear at first glance that the rawlog doesn't work as I might expect when using COMPRESS ?  I see something like this in my logs (but nothing further):
>
>    6 compress deflate
>    2v??uQ??s???

Yeah, rawlog logs the data it sees from imap process. The compression is started after logging in, so this happens. You just delete the data before the compress command and then uncompress the rest (although I think gzip doesn't like the input because it doesn't have gz header).

> - With COMPRESS enabled, 3 accounts work perfectly, but one account hangs at "authenticating" (although the dovecot logs show that it finishes authing and hangs soon after initiating a COMPRESS command)

I guess there's a bug somewhere, either in Dovecot or in the client..