[Dovecot] Dovecot v0.99.13-3 upgrade to 1.0.15-2 ??

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Oct 1 15:32:39 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-01 at 07:53 -0400, Jerry wrote:

> There has been chatter on the FreeBSD forum regarding introducing the
> new 2.x release into the ports system. Personally, I have advised
> against it unless the port is clearly marked as "USE AT OWN RISK". Timo
> appears to be introducing patches for the 2.x version on a nearly daily
> basis. Until this version stabilizes and can go at least a few weeks
> without something major breaking, I would recommend against using it
> on a production server.

Agreed, with any distro,  IMO, 2.x is really still beta stage, to be
expected since its in its infancy, and there was only limited people
testing it. The more that use it, more bugs likely found given the
myriad of different configurations, personally, when it does settle
down, I'd like to see a version bump to 2.1

> FreeBSD is usually in the forefront when it comes to introducing new
> versions of applications into its ports system; usually eons ahead of

really? wow how things must have changed in recent years, they used to
be so, well, debian like, but not quite as bad :)