[Dovecot] Dovecot v0.99.13-3 upgrade to 1.0.15-2 ??

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Fri Oct 1 14:26:31 EEST 2010

Charles Marcus put forth on 10/1/2010 6:00 AM:
> On 2010-09-30 5:17 PM, cajun wrote:
>> I'm wondering now is it even possible to use the same mbox's from
>> 0.99.13-3 with version 1.0.15-2?
>
> Why move from the great-great-granddaddy version to the granddaddy version?
>
> Do yourself a favor and install the latest stable (currently 2.0.4)...
>
> All modern distros have repositories you can install it from.

I guess Debian doesn't count as a "modern" distro then.  ;)  Lenny has
1.2.13 available via backports.  Squeeze is frozen, and will apparently
ship with 1.2.13, whenever Squeeze ships...

That's actually ok by me, as I'm still running 1.2.11, which meets all
my needs.  And IIRC from reading the release notes, none of the bug
fixes in later 1.2.x releases apply to me, or I'd already have upgraded
to 1.2.13.

--
Stan