[Dovecot] mail.err

Wed Dec 8 19:31:09 EET 2010

On 2010-12-08 9:01 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 07:35 AM, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> The point is if you continue using the shotgun approach, you will
>> quickly wear out your welcome and any good will others may be
>> predisposed to provide.

> I try to lurk & read as much as I can before asking for help.

I understand, but the point, again, is you not only asked on the wrong
list, you asked on more than one (called cross-posting)...

It isn't the end of the world, that's how people learn is by making
mistakes, but you may not have realized your mistake unless someone
points it out... ;)

>> Also - please do not delete - or please properly configure your mail
>> reader to add - the attribution line (who said what when) when replying
>> to posts.

> I use thunderbird, and it puts those little ">" marks prepending the
> lines that I am replying to.
> I try to cut out extra lines, sometimes it might make it harder to
> follow, sorry!

Don't be - it wasn't you, it was Jamie - and trimming posts of
irrelevant stuff is encouraged.

Had Jamie *not* done so this confusion would have been avoided (I
confused him with you and you wrongly concluded that my response was
aimed at you)...

Best regards,