[Dovecot] Dovecot versions and index compatibility

Steven F Siirila sfs at tc.umn.edu
Tue Sep 22 03:37:16 EEST 2009

I realize these are older versions, but I'd like to know specifically
whether dovecot 1.1.6 and dovecot 1.1.8 are compatible index-wise.
In particular, if we downgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.1.6 would there be any
issues with doing so?

I realize there are later versions, but we've tested both of the above
extensively, but recently loaded up a server with 1.1.8 and found that
the 'imap' process core dumps frequently, so before we pursue later
versions we thought it would be best to downgrade to 1.1.6.

--

Steven F. Siirila			Office: WBOB, 624J
Internet Services			E-mail: sfs at umn.edu
Office of Information Technology	Voice: (612) 626-0244
University of Minnesota