[Dovecot] which architecture to use?

Thu Mar 12 12:38:31 EET 2009

On 3/12/2009, GVG GVG (gvgter at googlemail.com) wrote:
> does this mean that having sendmail I'll be not able to have virtual
> users?

No, it means postfix is vastly superior to sendmail in virtually every
aspect, one of the main being simplicity in configuration...

> Will I be able to create with Roundcube+dovecot virtual users on the
> fly?

Creating users is NOT a function of an MTA, or a webmail client.

Define 'on the fly'... Are you just wanting an administrative interface
for creating user accounts? Postfixadmin is one that works nicely for
that...

But if you're talking about somethineg where anyone can just sign up for
a new email account anonymously, then no, you'll need something actually
designed to do that...

Maybe it would be best if you outlined exactly what you are wanting to
accomplish... ie, *why* do you want just antyone to create an email
account...

--

Best regards,

Charles