[Dovecot] set \Seen flag on mail

J.P. Trosclair jptrosclair at judelawfirm.com
Wed Mar 4 04:53:03 EET 2009

I'm looking for a way to set the \Seen flag on certain mail no matter
what. Currently I'm using a global sieve script to do this. From what
I've read, there is no way to enforce the global script if the user
creates their own sieve script.

More details:

I have a postfix transport that along with sender_bcc_maps and
recipient_bcc_maps uses deliver to create a read only archive of user's
mail. The mail intended to be archived is stored in a per user imap
folder called "Archives" that uses the ACL plugin to make the messages
there read only. In addition to that, I want the mail marked as \Seen
upon delivery so that user's who subscribe to the Arhives folder don't
see new mail indications and what not when mail is delivered there.

Is there a better way to set the \Seen flag other than the global sieve
script since it can be overridden by the user?

--
                        J.P. Trosclair